Tuesday, September 2, 2008

More than words...

words.
its the basis of a phrase or a sentence and is a particularly important thing in speeches and written materials. It's one of the most simple thing to us but without it, we're nothing more than mere mammals.
For me, i find it really interesting how this simple little thing that could just consist of two letters combined together affect a persons day. The word "hi" for example could put a smile on someones face and if you're lucky, could be just the thing to start a conversation that could transmit into something that could affect your happiness for a lifetime to come. You see, its so simple. But yet, its usually underrated and unappreciated. Misused language and sometimes bad words ( i myself admit of having uttered those words numerous times in my everyday life) are often a part of our everyday lives making it a little bit worse than its supposed to be. Its the essence in a persons life that portrays his personality. Its the little thing that could be used for your success or even for your own demise.
I like words. Hell, i love it. Its the thing that i certainly use to transmit my feelings. Its the thing that makes me happy. I talk a lot. I admit it. I even sometimes annoy people with my words. But you need to understand, i love it. Words are so beautiful that it is needed to represent and identify beauty itself. So how beautiful do you think it is? Its the very thing that could define another thing. How significant is that. Songs and poetry and essays and resume's are all here because there are words.
I especially love words because of the connections that it has helped me establish up to this day and for the days to come. I've met friends and special peoples and teachers and others in my life because of it. I've even had the chance to appreciate others for what they did for me using words. I'm really thankful for that. They convey what i need to tell people of how i feel. It really lifts the burden of having this pressure building up in you when you need to get something out of your chest. Having said that, i' really thankful for the creation of words and language. Without it we may have to communicate with just grunts and facial expression which would be really difficult and not fun at all. Imagine an old lady trying to ask you to help her pick up somethings for her from the store. Wouldn't it be a long process and uncomfortable with a lot of confusion in what the lady wanted in the first place if not a single word were used. Sign language could help but without words how would you know what sign means what. The signs in itself are a form of words.
Words need to be appreciated. Its the building blocks of our civilization and society. Without words no religion could be spread. No idea can be transmitted. There would not even be classes or marriage or laws or technology for us to live the way we live today. We should avoid using words in vain.
Since the ramadhan month is here, i think it is a good time for me to give a few advices about words.
1. Avoid using words in vain.( it could hurt people sometimes and it isn't comfortable when that happens)
2. Practice the words that are great. (the alquran contains tons of it for your information)
3. Study the words that are important. (be it on the subject you need to learn or the subject that you already know)

so thats it for now.. HAVE A GREAT RAMADHAN PEOPLE!!!

2 comments:

Mohammad Khairi Hamzah said...

wow u blog more than i do nowdays.

charismatiQue said...

oh crap silap account.

anyway that was me btw